M.Sc. Nils Eingrüber
Rotunda, room 0.05
Zülpicher Straße 45
Consulting hours on appointment (online via ZOOM)
INGENIoS – Indo-German Network Interaction of Scientists: Set up and establishment of an integrative scientific modelling platform of the University of Cologne and the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore based upon the Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT model). The SWAT parametrization will be implemented for the Kabini watershed. Later, other coordinated modelling systems and platforms (e.g. CLM, TerrSys-MP) will be added. Development of an integrative E-Learning and blended learning course on hydrological modelling with SWAT and on modelling of man-environment interactions (DAAD project).
CUBiK - Community building through environmental education: Analysis and documentation of the climate performance of the urban green belt through citizen participation. Preparation and parameterization of the ENVI-met model for modeling the urban climate in Cologne for mitigation of climate change with the help of in situ measurement data and remote sensing data (cooperation project with the city of Cologne).
- (Micro-) climatological simulations
- (eco) hydrological modeling in the context of climate change
- Analysis and use of remote sensing data products
- Soil moisture measurement methods and meteorological measurements
- Statistical DownScaling Model (SDSM)
- Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT)
Winter Term 2020/2021: M. Sc. Praktikum + Seminar: „Catchment hydrology - basic concepts and ecohydrological modelling with SWAT (in English)“
- Master thesis on the topic: Investigation of the impact of the changed frequency of extreme precipitation in the context of climate change on future flood events in the Rur catchment area with the help of a statistical downscaling model (SDSM) and the SWAT model.
- Bachelor thesis on the topic: Assessment of the quality of gravimetric soil moisture data measured in the context of the GLOBE program in relation to the validation of SMAP data (in cooperation with the NASA JPL).
- Internship: Validation of SMAP data products at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (NASA JPL) of the California Institute of Technology (CALTECH), Pasadena / Los Angeles - Carbon Cycle And Ecosystems Division, GLOBE outreach program (2017)
- Student assistant in the hydrogeography and climatology research group: In particular in the TransRegio 32 Collaborative Research Center (SFB TR32 "Patterns in Soil-Vegetation-Atmosphere-Systems") and in the GLOBE program.